From 11.59pm on Thursday May 27, Victoria will go into a seven-day lockdown with only five essential reasons to leave home.
These reasons are:
- Shopping for necessary goods and services
- Authorised work or education
- Exercise, a 2-hour limit with one other person
- Caregiving, compassionate, and medical reasons
- To get vaccinated
Other restrictions to return:
- No visitors to your home other than an intimate partner. Single bubbles will be permitted. If you live alone, you can make a bubble with another person.
- No public gatherings.
- Restaurants, pubs, and cafes can provide takeaway only.
- Essential retail, so supermarkets, food stores, petrol stations, banks, bottle shops and pharmacies, other retail stores can provide click and collect.
- Childcare, family day care and early learning centres will be open.
- Approved professional sporting events will proceed but proceed without crowds.
- Schools will move to remote learning, except for vulnerable children, and children of authorised workers.
- Higher education will move to remote learning only.
- Community support and recreation, accommodation, but there will be some exemptions that apply.
- Hotels, clubs, TABs and the casino will be closed,
- Indoor and outdoor entertainment venues, swimming pools, spas, saunas, indoor and outdoor springs, community venues, drive in cinemas, amusements parks and arcades, creative studios, art galleries and museums, tourism, tours, and transport, and auctions can only happen online.
- Aged care facilities, no visitors except for limited reasons.
- In our hospitals, visitors only for end of life, to support a partner during birth, or a parent accompanying a child.
- In terms of ceremonies, funerals, a maximum of 10 people plus those running the service.
- Weddings cannot proceed unless end of life or deportation reasons apply.
- Religious activities will not proceed other than through broadcast with a maximum of five people.
People aged 40-49 will now be eligible for vaccines at state-run centres.
To check if you are eligible visit the vaccine eligibility checker below.