What’s changing from 11.59pm Thursday 10 June?
Visitors to your home
- 2 adults daily, together or separate, plus dependants
Public social gatherings
- Maximum of 20 people outside the home
Open (most subject to a density of 1 per 4sqm):
- Food and drink venues – seated, maximum of 150 people per venue, with a maximum of 75 indoors
- Religious venues – max 150 people per venue, max 75 indoors
- Funerals – max 75 people
Weddings – max 20 people, including the couple and witnesses
- Hairdressing, beauty can remain open – customer can remove mask for service
- Indoor physical recreation – max 150 people per venue, max 50 inside.
- Outdoor community sport – all ages training and competition with minimum number of people required to participate in the activity.
- Outdoor physical recreation – maximum of 150 people per venue – no venue limit if 100 meters can be maintained
- Indoor play centres, skate parks, trampolining – max 50 people inside
- Indoor entertainment venues – seated and unseated, 75 people
Stay at home requirement removed:
- 25km travel limit replaces 10km limit
- Can travel further than 25km for work, education, care or getting vaccinated
- Restrictions remain on travel to regional Victoria, with only limited reasons to travel. You may not travel to regional Victoria to socially visit friends and family, or go on holidays.
- Required outdoors, unless an exception applies
- Required indoors, (not in private homes), or when an exception applies
- A face mask must be carried at all times
Public social gatherings:
- Maximum of 10 people outside the home
- Private gatherings in the home are not permitted, Social bubble buddy and intimate partners are still allowed. You may travel further than 25 km to visit your social bubble buddy or intimate partner, including regional Victoria.
Return to work
- Work from home if you can
- Office capacity limit of 25% or cap of 10 people, whichever is greater
*density of 1 person per 4sqm in most venues
- All retail
- Food and drink venues – seated, maximum 100 people, 50 indoors
- School onsite for all students
- Religious venues – maximum of 50 people
- Funerals – maximum of 50 mourners
- Weddings – maximum of 10 guests
- Outdoor physical recreation – maximum 100 people per venue – no limit if 100 metre distance can be maintained
- Community sport – training can resume with minimum number of participants required to participate in the training, but the 25km travel limit applies
- Outdoor swimming pools, spas – maximum 100 people
- Outdoor seated entertainment – 50% capacity, max 100 peopleHairdressing, beauty and personal care may open – masks must be worn
People aged 40-49 are now eligible for vaccines at state-run centres.
To check if you are eligible visit the vaccine eligibility checker below.