Amicus provides services to children from school-age and upwards.
We help you to work towards achieving your goals and finding valued roles, and enjoying community inclusion so that you can live your best life!
We work with participants funded by the NDIS. If you are not sure about your funding, contact our pathways team for help.
Working with children and youth
Amicus works ‘one person at a time’.
This means we plan your services with you to make sure they are suitable to what you need, your goals, and your lifestyle. You don’t have to accommodate the needs of others.
We understand the role of parents and carers can be challenging. We are here to help, providing much-needed respite.
We provide supports in the home and out in the community. Amicus believes that everyone should be able to participate in their community and work hard to create these opportunities, and we provide the support your child or young person needs, to actively participate in their communities of choice.
We value each person and welcome everyone for who they are and what they bring.
What might this look like?
- Personal care like showering, dressing and grooming.
- Independent living support like establishing routines, budgeting, shopping, and attending medical appointments.
- Learning new skills like catching public transport, cooking, helping at home, cleaning.
- Preparing the skills to access further education, work and getting a job or volunteering.
- Social participation like attending a social or hobby group of your choice and interest, attending community events, meeting friends at a cafe, joining a local sporting club, attending music lessons.
- Building better relationships, with your friends or family.
If you have an idea, if you have a goal, just chat to us! We would love to make it happen.